Friday, February 26, 2010

Yielding to God




Most people would think I am on drugs if I talk about yielding to God in all things. After all, don’t I make opportunities, don’t I create my career, don’t I decided where to go, what to do and how to do it?




I yielded my career to God years ago, but in stages. First, I prayed for a theatre company. The Lord saw fit to arrange free rent and loads of opportunities for it to happen.




Second, I prayed for a husband and then I met him at a singles beach retreat for a church I did not attend. There he was and we were married 9 months later.




Third, I left my theatre company because God had other plans for me. Sometimes I sat on my couch and read, I drove thousands of miles for my kids carpools, and I entertained myself in a new community by shopping in thrift shops.




Until, fourth, after I prayed for God to take the shopping “thing” away or turn it into something beautiful, and He did. I had a newspaper column for 5 years, TV spots and features on regional and national networks, and all over the Mills Mall jumbo trons once an hour, every hour. The Queen of Bargains was not my idea. It was His.




Fifth, I prayed about whether or not we should move to Florida to care for Howard’s mom and He made the way clear, sweet and adventuresome. It was here, in Florida that I found my dream job, and lots of understanding about my strengths and weaknesses and how I should make decisions.




Sixth, He has continued to open professional doors and I am making more money than I ever did. I am giving away more than I ever dreamed I’d be able to do. I am continuing to g row and feel like I am still just in the middle of my career at age 64.




So, yield to God in all things and He will surpass your expectations of what you can do, how you can do it and who you are. You are not on drugs. You are in God’s will for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment